P3 report reveals coverage battle between Verizon and AT&T and delivers unprecedented insights into US mobile coverage.
P3, the global leader in benchmarking and testing of mobile networks, has today released its latest report: ‘US State Connectivity Report’. The report draws a holistic and transparent picture of the cellular network coverage throughout the individual US states. It compares the networks of AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon with respect to coverage for data services (combined 3G and 4G footprint), LTE and voice services across the US states. The data used was collected during the period of three months, from April to June, 2018 and comprises of 39,359,819,776 samples from 2,313,376 users. The results show:
- Verizon wins the US state contest with outright wins in 41 states.
- The coverage battle takes place between Verizon and AT&T
- Verizon clearly has the largest LTE footprint.
- Verizon customers have a better LTE experience than customers of any other network.
- Consumers are more likely to get LTE on T-Mobile than on AT&T.
- Sprint about to catch up in voice coverage when launching VoLTE.
Read the full Report here: http://www.p3-group.com/en/report-p3-US-state-comparison-2018
‘The coverage benchmark on US State level effectively is a competition between Verizon and AT&T. But in 41 states, Verizon leads the pack, showing the strongest voice coverage in nearly all states and the largest LTE footprint’, says Hakan Ekmen, CEO P3 communications. ‘Our findings are based on the most diverse and thus realistic crowdsourcing data set that is currently available in the market. In addition, we have more than 15 years of experience in benchmarking mobile networks all over the world and are capable of aggregating data into meaningful metrics that provide a transparent, balanced and highly accepted picture of the competitive situation across different markets.’
The P3 report is the second of a series of reports measuring and analyzing the US mobile networks, following the P3 ‘Interstate Comparison’.
Picture is available at AP Images (http://www.apimages.com )
About P3: http://www.p3-group.com
1. With respect to fulfillment of the P3 coverage requirements of data, LTE and voice
AACHEN, Germany and NEW YORK, July 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ —